And you thought being a student was hard...

Before my time as a Communication professor at Ivy Tech, I spent many years doing corporate and organizational training. When I decided to become an instructor, I thought it couldn't be much different from what I did for companies. Boy, I couldn't be more wrong! Although I'd never tell my students, I learn more from them than they will ever learn from me!

Friday, January 15, 2010

SPRING semester? Liars, all of you!

We had snow days last week during registration. It's cold outside, there's too much snow, and I'm here at home instead of in my office. Ah, work from home bliss.

The usual first week emails and paniced messages have already crossed my computer, but with so many less students, it doesn't feel so crazy. This is the first semester since I started that I was completely prepared by the first day. Once again, 2 of my 6 classes don't start until the second 8 weeks, but I'm okay with that. I feel like, since I know how crazy that will be, I will be much more prepared for the chaos.

I have a lot of committee meetings this semester, so I need to get working on getting subs for the classes I will miss while I'm down in Indy. Maybe it will be warmer 200 miles south of me? I swear, I'm going to start teaching full-time online and move to the Caymen Islands to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment