And you thought being a student was hard...

Before my time as a Communication professor at Ivy Tech, I spent many years doing corporate and organizational training. When I decided to become an instructor, I thought it couldn't be much different from what I did for companies. Boy, I couldn't be more wrong! Although I'd never tell my students, I learn more from them than they will ever learn from me!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Meetings, meetings and more meetings

I have to say, I feel a little off this semester. Things have been running smoothly. My two f2f classes are fantastic, very responsive, having a lot of fun with the discussions. I'm also quickly weeding out those who don't want to work, but more on that in another blog! My online courses have also been moving quite swimmingly, although my online speech students can be frustrating. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. How is it my heart isn't racing in anxiety to get things done? Because everything is already done? How is that possible? Oh, yeah, only have to come in to work two days a week!

With the crazy snow hitting all of Indiana, we have had several meetings postponed, so now they are piling up! I have at least one meeting a week between committee meetings, spring in-services, and regional meetings. Whew! I know most people aren't big fans of meetings, but remember, I come from an organizational communication background. Even when bored, I have a tendency to internally break them down from a theory point of view. Keeps me on my communicative toes! Off to another meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment