And you thought being a student was hard...

Before my time as a Communication professor at Ivy Tech, I spent many years doing corporate and organizational training. When I decided to become an instructor, I thought it couldn't be much different from what I did for companies. Boy, I couldn't be more wrong! Although I'd never tell my students, I learn more from them than they will ever learn from me!

Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm soooooo happy to be back!

Although it was a shorter break between final grades last semester and late registration this semester (which we full-timers are required to work), I have got to say, I am so glad to be back. We had nonstop illness at our house. First the hubby was in the hospital to have two stents put into his heart (he's doing much better, thank you), then the four-year-old got pneumonia, requiring two trips to the ER, then the two-year-old became sick Christmas Eve with a cold and a wicked ear infection, and just as soon as he was on the mend, I came down with a crippling case of bronchitus, which, currently, I'm still suffering from. Ugh.

After a short break with only a few days of productive work, mostly on housecleaning and thinning out the sinful amount of toys my two boys own before refilling their playroom with all their new Christmas toys, coming to the office means having the peace and quiet of getting some work done. Whew.

Due to some administrative decisions, the powers that be have decided that they are capping online courses at 30 students (which they won't do for f2f classes for some money-grubbing, I mean, fiscally responsible reason), so less money in the paychecks, but less stress for the mind. I also scored a sweet schedule this semester - only teaching and having office hours on Thursday and Friday. Hot damn!

I'm really looking forward to the spring semester starting up next week. But, for this week, I'll clean up my office, get Blackboard up and ready for the new classes, and help some students register for classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment